RESET DIGITAL AD QUALITY POLICIES
These policies apply to users of the Reset Digital platform. These policies don’t replace or alter the Reset Digital Marketer Agreement – they are in addition to those terms. Use of the Reset Digital Platform requires fulfillment of this agreement to follow and abide by these guidelines.
PROHIBITED CREATIVES AND RELATED CONTENT
Reset Digital Platform cannot be used for ads that do any of the following (or link to any website, app or other online property that does any of the following):
– Promote fireworks;
– Promote electronic cigarettes or vaping devices;
– Promote Salvia divinorum or Salvinorin A;
– Contain nudity or suggestive content or images;
– Promote adult products, including sex toys and sexual enhancers;
– Promote online gambling (including daily fantasy sports in jurisdictions where daily fantasy sports is considered to be illegal online gambling);
– Promote adult-themed dating, escort services, “mail-order brides,” or similar services;
– Install spyware, trojans, viruses or other malware;
– Incite hatred of any race, religion, creed, class or ethnic group, or of any individual or group;
– Describe, depict, or glorify pain, suffering, torture, violence or death of or against humans or animals;
– Sell or promote firearms, ammunition, bombs or other weapons, or related design materials, including handgun safety certificates and BB guns;
– Sell or promote illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, or ways to pass a drug test;
– Promote P2P file-sharing, torrent, or anything that facilitates or promotes copyright infringement;
– Infringe intellectual property rights;
– Promote or contain libel or fraud;
– Violate any applicable law, regulation, governmental rule or court order
– Contain profanity;
– Promote hacking, cracking, or warez;
– Promote any other products, services, or content that are illegal, promote harmful activity, or infringe on the rights of others. This includes sites that provide “how-to” information on bomb-making, lock-picking, and similar topics;
– Sell or promote tobacco, cigarette papers, or blunt wraps;
– Are misleading or contain content that is not reflective of what the user will find on the clickthrough URL;
– Employ phishing techniques or seek to trick the user into providing sensitive information by misrepresenting the identity of the advertiser;
– Contain audio that is triggered by anything other than a click (such as auto-play or rollover-initiated audio);
– Contain annoying or distracting images, or excessive animation;
– Initiate a download;
– Automatically redirect the user to a new page or app;
– Pop-up on a webpage, upon banner open, or upon page exit;
– Expand beyond their original size;
– Automatically refresh;
– Mimic system errors or messages; and/or
– Are unbranded.
– Prohibited Creatives and Related Content for Minors
For properties that are directed to minors under the age of 18, there’s the addition of the prohibitions listed above:
– Promote alcoholic beverages;
– Promote lotteries, lottery games, or lottery tickets;
– Promote spray paint;
– Promote etching cream;
– Promote tanning services utilizing ultraviolet light;
– Promote dietary products containing ephedrine group alkaloids;
– Promote body branding, piercing or tongue-splitting;
– Promote permanent tattoos; and/or
– Promote daily fantasy sports.
– Preapproval Required
Reset Digital Platform can only be used for ads that do any of the following (or link to any website, app or other online property that does any of the following) if express written approval from Reset Digital is provided:
– Sell or promote products related to sexual health, including condoms and birth control devices; and/or
– Promote or depict political or religious topics.
– Other Restricted Creatives and Related Content
If you use Reset Digital Platform for ads related to alcohol, fantasy sports, state lotteries, or gambling, the user is held responsible for complying with all applicable laws and industry guidelines, including those that impose requirements related to the audience receiving such ads, those that require any notices to users regarding the legality of such ads in certain jurisdictions, and any licensing or registration requirements with applicable authorities or industry groups.
SSL traffic can be identified in the bid request using the secure parameter (OpenRTB) or the ssl_enabled (Reset Digital Proprietary API) parameter. If secure or ssl_enabled = 1, you must bid only if your ad and all accompanying elements, such as tracking pixels, are SSL-compliant. If you would like Reset Digital to drop your secure pixel on secure inventory, please provide your Reset Digital account manager with your secure pixel to drop.
RESALE OF IMPRESSIONS
Uses may only purchase inventory for use directly by an advertiser (or direct agent of an advertiser) with which you have a direct relationship. Reselling, distributing or otherwise sub-syndicating inventory to another indirect sales channel (e.g., another ad network or trading desk) is prohibited.
User must comply with the applicable Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles published at www.aboutads.info and, as applicable, with the IAB Europe EU Framework for Online Behavioural Advertising and the EASA Best Practice Recommendation on Online Behavioral Advertising, which are administered by the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance and published at www.edaa.eu.
All Reset Digital demand partners are required to scan their creatives and associated landing pages for malware and other related threats using a service such as The Media Trust, GeoEdge, Confiant, or Adlightning.
At Reset Digital’s sole discretion, Reset Digital may assess a surcharge for any violation of these policies and/or immediately terminate your access to the Ad Exchange (in addition to any other legal or contractual remedies). If Reset Digital assesses a surcharge, we will use our reasonable discretion to set the amount of the charge, taking into account the nature of the violation, the additional work and expense Reset Digital incurred in dealing with the violation, and the harm done to the Reset Digital platform and/or to other users.